This post is part of The Cat Quilt-Along, click here to see more posts. A complete pdf version of the pattern is available in my shop. Through December 7, use the discount code CATVENT2013 to take 30% off your entire pattern order.
If you haven't already, cut your background fabric. In addition to the print and solid fabric pieces listed below, you will need the following pieces of background fabric:
- 1 piece 2” x 4½” for the ears
- 2 pieces 1½” x 1½” for the chin
To make Ralphio, you will need the following pieces of fabric:
Print Fabric Pieces
- C – 1½” x 2½”
- D – 1½” x 2½”
- E – 1½” x 2½”
- F – 1½” x 2½”
Solid Fabric Pieces
- A – 2” x 2”
- B – 2” x 2”
- G – 2” x 4½”
If you're using charm squares for your solid fabric, use the above diagram as a cutting guide.
Unless otherwise noted, all seams are sewn with 1/4" seam allowance and pressed open.
Make the Block
- Sew together pieces C, D, E, and F.
- Sew piece G to the bottom of the block.
- Use pieces A and B and the 2” x 4½” piece of background fabric to make an ear unit, as described in the basic block instructions.
- Make the chin by sewing the 1½” x 1½” pieces of background fabric to the bottom corners of the block, as described in the basic block instructions.
- Sew the ear unit to the top of the block.
Here are some more Ralphio blocks. Now it's time to make yours!
If you're on Instagram, remember to use #catventquiltalong.