My counter height pressing table is one of the most useful things in my sewing room. It's wider and sturdier than an ironing board, and the plywood base makes it a much better choice for pressing patchwork seams.
I've gotten a lot of questions about how I put my pressing table together so, while making a new cover last night, I took some photos to write a little tutorial. Here goes!
This is part of a series of posts about the quilts from Modern Patchwork. I'm highlighting a different quilt each month, and will be remaking each of the book quilts in some way. This month, I'm making a variation on the Fire Drill quilt.
Last week, I talked about my plan for making a "back-as-front" version of my Fire Drill quilt. The quilt top I ended up making is still based on the back of Fire Drill, but I switched things up a little bit (including going with a white background instead of the linen I had planned to use).
I've gotten a lot of questions about how I made the panels for my quilted Weekender Bag and, since I'm in the process of making a second one, I was able to take some photos and write up a little tutorial.
This is a tutorial for the block I used to make this Halloween mini quilt. For that quilt, I was definitely trying to make the piecing look like bats, but I think that absent the orange and black color scheme (and vampire teeth embroidery) it can read more like a graphic zigzag/herringbone variation.
Here's a peek at the Xylophone quilt from my new book, Modern Patchwork. It's a queen bed quilt, measuring 88" x 92", and I quilted it on my home machine.