I'm thrilled to provide patterns for individual home sewers everywhere. I hope that you'll be able to use them!
Please keep in mind that I reserve all rights on my photos, patterns and blog posts, all of which were made by and belong to me, Elizabeth Green-Hartman. These materials may not be republished or distributed without my express written permission.
What does that mean?
Please DO any of the following
Sew, sew, sew! Use the patterns to make piles of projects for yourself, your friends and family. Post photos of your work online. Join the Oh, Fransson! Flickr Group. Link to my blog posts (not directly to pdf files).
Please DO NOT do any of the following
Do not republish material from my blog on other sites (including by linking directly to pdf files). Do not distribute hard copies of patterns to others. Do not distribute electronic copies of patterns via e-mail. Do not resell my patterns (including as part of a kit). Do not use my patterns to mass-produce items for sale on Etsy, at craft fairs, or in any other commercial venue.
Special Note for Instructors:
Instructors at independent shops and studios may teach my free patterns, under the following conditions:
- Instructors do not have permission to sell or distribute my patterns. Students must download and print their own copies of the pattern from my site and bring them to class.
- Apart from a supplies list, materials from my patterns and/or blog may not be used to promote your class. This includes photos, pattern excerpts, and blog posts.
Special Note for Shops:
Independent brick-and-mortar quilt shops may sell kits for my patterns, under the following conditions:
- Quilt shops do not have permission to sell or distribute my patterns. Instead, please include my web address in your kits, along with instructions telling your customers where they can download the free pattern.
- Apart from a supplies list, materials from my patterns and/or blog may not be used to promote your kits. This includes photos, pattern excerpts, and blog posts.
Special Note regarding Quilting Bees:
I'm always flattered when people find inspiration for "their month" of a bee in one of my patterns! Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Please don't hesitate to link to my blog or my Flickr photos, but please don't copy/republish them anywhere.
- Please refer the bee members to my blog, rather than e-mailing them copies of a pattern.
- It's totally fine to ask your bee members to make blocks "inspired by" a pattern that I sell or from one of my books, but it's not okay to distribute copies of said pattern or to publish your own instructions for copying them.
Thank you, everyone, for your help with this!