The Aviatrix Medallion is an ongoing project. Click here to see more posts.
I was tempted to put three to five exclamations points in the title of this post. That's how happy I am with this quilt top.
After playing around with a scrappy version, which I'm still working on, I decided to make this quilt using all Kona solids (with Essex yarn-dyed Steel for the background).
This is the center block, measuring 14" finished.
Here are pictures of Border 1,
and Border Four.
And here's the finished top, including Borders 5 and 6. (It got tricky, not to mention too dark, to take photos of the larger borders as they were added.) The top is actually turned on its side in this photo, but the medallion design is such that it ends up working from any angle!
The finished top is 80" x 80".
I'm putting the finishing touches on this pattern and expect to have it in the shop soon. I'll be posting more about the pattern, and the Kona solids I used to make this quilt, during the next week.
I hope you like it as much as I do!