It's time for our 25th and final cat, Ursula!
If you haven't already, cut your background fabric. In addition to the print and solid fabric pieces listed below, you will need the following pieces of background fabric:
- 1 piece 2” x 4½” for the ears
- 2 pieces 1½” x 1½” for the chin
To make Ursula, you will need the following pieces of fabric:
Print Fabric Pieces
- A – 2” x 2”
- F – 1½” x 4”
- D – 2” x 2½”
Solid Fabric Pieces
- B – 2” x 2”
- C – 2” x 2”
- E – 2” x 4”
If you're using charm squares for your solid fabric, use the above diagram as a cutting guide.
Unless otherwise noted, all seams are sewn with 1/4" seam allowance and pressed open.
Make the Block
- Sew together pieces C and D.
- Sew the C/D unit to the right side of piece F.
- Sew piece E to the left side of the block.
- Use pieces A and B and the 2” x 4½” piece of background fabric to make an ear unit, as described in the basic block instructions.
- Make the chin by sewing the 1½” x 1½” pieces of background fabric to the bottom corners of the block, as described in the basic block instructions.
- Sew the ear unit to the top of the block.
Here are a few more Ursula blocks. Now it's time to make yours!
If you're on Instagram, remember to use #catventquiltalong.