If you haven't already, cut your background fabric. In addition to the print and solid fabric pieces listed below, you will need the following pieces of background fabric:
- 1 piece 2” x 4½” for the ears
- 2 pieces 1½” x 1½” for the chin
To make Amber, you will need the following pieces of fabric:
Print Fabric Pieces
- C – 1½” x 3½”
- D – 1½” x 3½”
- E – 1½” x 3½”
- F – 1½” x 3½”
Solid Fabric Pieces
- A – 2” x 2”
- B – 2” x 2”
- G – 1½” x 4½”
*Note: Pieces C, D, E, and F are single pieces of fabric. Cut 1 of each.
If you're using charm squares for your solid fabric, use the above diagram as a cutting guide.
Unless otherwise noted, all seams are sewn with 1/4" seam allowance and pressed open.
Make the Block
- Sew together pieces C, D, E, and F.
- Make a horizontal cut through the pieced unit, 1½” from the top.
- Sew the top of the C/D/E/F unit to the top of piece G.
- Sew the bottom of the C/D/E/F unit to the bottom of piece G.
- Use pieces A and B and the 2” x 4½” piece of background fabric to make an ear unit, as described in the basic block instructions.
- Make the chin by sewing the 1½” x 1½” pieces of background fabric to the bottom corners of the block, as described in the basic block instructions.
- Sew the ear unit to the top of the block.
Here are a few more Amber blocks. Now it's time to make yours!
If you're on Instagram, remember to use #catventquiltalong.