Say hello to Amelia!
If you haven't already, cut your background fabric. In addition to the print and solid fabric pieces listed below, you will need the following pieces of background fabric:
- 1 piece 2” x 4½” for the ears
- 2 pieces 1½” x 1½” for the chin
To make Amelia, you will need the following pieces of fabric:
Print Fabric Pieces
- C – 2” x 4”
- E – 1½” x 4”
Solid Fabric Pieces
- A – 2” x 2”
- B – 2” x 2”
- D – 2½” x 4”
*Note: Pieces C and D are single pieces of fabric. Cut 1 of each.
If you're using charm squares for your solid fabric, use the above diagram as a cutting guide.
Unless otherwise noted, all seams are sewn with 1/4" seam allowance and pressed open.
Make the Block
- Sew together pieces C and D.
- Make a vertical cut through the pieced unit, 1½” from the right side.
- Sew the left side of the C/D unit to the left side of piece E.
- Sew the right side of the C/D unit to the right side of piece E.
- Use pieces A and B and the 2” x 4½” piece of background fabric to make an ear unit, as described in the basic block instructions.
- Make the chin by sewing the 1½” x 1½” pieces of background fabric to the bottom corners of the block, as described in the basic block instructions.
- Sew the ear unit to the top of the block.
Here are a few more Amelia blocks. Now it's time to make yours!
If you're on Instagram, remember to use #catventquiltalong.