« Modern Patchwork Series: Blog Update |
| Fourth of July Quilt: Part One »
This is part of a series of posts about the quilts from Modern Patchwork. I just posted an update about the series, here.
I started this one a while ago and finally managed to get it quilted and bound!
This is a variation of the back of my Fire Drill quilt from Modern Patchwork. You can read about how I made the quilt top here.
I pieced this using a variety of solid fabrics and prints from Dear Stella's Kallianthi collection.
I wanted sort of organic-looking quilting to go with the prints. What I ended up with looks like some kind of combination of faux bois, flames, and leaves. It's a nice texture.
The back is really simple - just a few of the Kallianthi prints.
Yay for another finish! I'm already looking forward to working on the next one in this series, which will be based on the Happy Hour pattern.
Posted at 12:44 PM in Back-as-Front Fire Drill Quilt, Finished Quilts, Modern Patchwork | Permalink