I finally finished the Dancing Queen quilt that I told you about a few weeks ago.
The mosaic blocks are inspired by all the little mirrors glued onto disco balls, and each block uses Kona solids and Mirror Ball Dots.
I quilted this one using Superior metallic thread. This was my first successful attempt at quilting an entire quilt in metallic and, while metallic isn't a look I would typically go for on a quilt, I like the way it looks here. I followed the instructions on the spool to use a 90/14 topstitching needle and reduce my thread tension to 1. I also used Aurifil 50 wt cotton in the bobbin.
I've written a Dancing Queen Quilt Block tutorial that will published at Sew, Mama, Sew later this month. I'll post here as soon as it's up.