This time, I was excited to get to work on Jacquie's quilt, which arrived at my house looking like this.
I wanted to continue the diagaonal stripes that Ashley started in the improv piecing in the middle of the quilt, and Alissa continued out into the background that she added. What I wasn't so sure about was taking apart the quilt in order to do it.
After much nail biting, I finally went ahead and took off the border on the right side, made a diagonal slice through it, and added a second diagonal stripe. I also added a column with more improv piecing and a continuation of the new diagonal stripe.
I like the second diagonal stripe so, in the end, I'm glad that I took the quilt apart to add it. Hopefully, Jacquie will like it too!