The Modern Quilt Guild is encouraging bloggers who are going to QuiltCon to do a post with a photo of themselves. Hopefully this will make it easier for people to recognize each other at the event.
If you're going to QuiltCon and want to participate, you can find the MQG's blog post here.
The post also encourages everyone to post five things people might now know about them. Here are mine:
1. When I was a child, I bought a book about secret languages from a neighbor's garage sale and taught myself to speak several of them. To this day, I can speak Pig Latin and something called King Tut more or less fluently. (Far better than French, which I actually studied for 6 years.)
2. I am spectacularly bad at both singing and dancing which, unfortunately, rarely stops me from doing either.
3. I have two younger sisters and I somehow ended up being shorter than both of them and my mother. I have to climb on my kitchen counter to get to the top shelf in the cabinets.
4. I have a giant sunburn scar on my right shoulder and dislike being in direct sunlight for any length of time. This is possibly due to the fact that I've lived in Portland all my life.
5. I've seen Clue more times than I can count, and can recite pretty much all of the dialog from memory. I'm sure it will be terrible, but I will be first in line to see the remake that's supposedly being made.
If you're going to QuiltCon, I hope to see you there!