This is part of a year-long series of posts about the quilts from Modern Patchwork. I'm highlighting a different quilt each month, and will be remaking either a regular size or mini quilt version of each of the book quilts.
I finished all of the "block innards" for the Baby Roller Rink Quilt! You can read more about the baby version of this quilt top (specifically how it's similar and different from the version in Modern Patchwork) in my last post.
I didn't really start with a plan for which of these fabrics I was going to us. I just cut a bunch of little squares and used them to make the column of squares for the middle of each of the 27 blocks. If you compare this photo to the ones of the finished block units, you can see that I ended up not using quite a few of the fabrics I had originally chosen.