As some of you know, I spent the last 5 days in Kansas City attending Spring Quilt Market. Quilt Market is a trade show, and I was there to do a presentation for shop owners, aka Schoolhouse, about Modern Patchwork, and to participate, along with fellow contributors Weeks Ringle and Jacquie Gering, in the Schoolhouse for We Love Color . Along the way, I also did a book signing for Modern Patchwork, filmed a brief bit about We Love Color with Kyle from Robert Kaufman, saw some amazing new fabric (Echino Decoro, I'm looking at you!), stayed out much too late, and just generally met a ton of great people.
Seriously. A ton of great people.
The last time I was at market, The Practical Guide to Patchwork had just come out and not very many people knew me. I spent most of my time walking around anonymously, just taking it all in. This time, I met people everywhere I went, including many designers and authors whose work I've admired for a long time. It was an incredible experience.
This is probably starting to sound super-gushy, but I just want to thank everyone and say that it was truly a pleasure to meet you. In particular, I want to thank the readers and shop owners who took the time to tell me that they like my work. I know that you didn't have to do that and I truly appreciate it!
I also want to give a HUGE thank you to the Kansas City and St. Louis Modern Quilt Guilds for hosting a meet-up so amazing that it had to be moved to a larger venue at the last minute. It means so much to the MQG Board to see our local guilds doing such great work!
Here's a shot of the Kona Solids/We Love Color booth. My quilt is the one with the ladders, hanging near the lower-right.
Today is Giveaway Day over at Sew, Mama, Sew!, so I thought I would join in the fun with a post-market giveaway. The goodie bundle includes:
1. Assorted handouts and booth freebies, including previews of upcoming fabric collections, pattern handouts, pencils from Liberty, temporary tattoos from Melody Miller's booth, and an adorable matchbook mending kit from Denyse Schmidt's booth.
2. A brand new Kona color card, including the 28 new colors, plus a charm pack of the new colors.
3. Bleachers and Crosshatch quilt patterns from Shea Henderson of Empty Bobbin Sewing Studio, and Oh, Boy! Finger Puppet patterns from Carrie Bloomston of Such Designs. (Thank you so much to Shea and Carrie for their generosity. It was wonderful to meet you!)
4. A copy of Quilting Arts special Modern Patchwork edition (no relation to my book - the name being the same is a total coincidence) and a preview of Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine.
5. These aren't pictured above, but I also have a batting sampler bundle from Quilter's Dream and am including a copy of my new book, Modern Patchwork.
All of these goodies are tucked into this darling corduroy tote from Liberty Art Fabrics.
I'm feeling thankful for so many things right now. To enter to win the goodie bag, leave a comment telling me what you're thankful for. I'll randomly select a winner on Friday, May 25.