Today I finished the 9 blocks I've been working on for my Ocagonal Orbs quilt. With 84 pieces per block, these take a while to make, but I think the results are pretty great. (My tutorial for these blocks is on the MQG blog, here.)
During the past couple of years, I've made several quilts that featured irregularly-sized blocks "floating" on both the quilt front and quilt back. This tutorial describes how I put my quilts together.
Let's start with some examples.
This is my February Quilt, featuring blocks made by members of the Bee-autiful Quilting Bee. A tutorial for how to make the blocks can be found here.