I have piles of quilts in my house, but surprisingly few other handmade objects. So, today I made a couple of zip bags.
I wanted them to be shaped kind of like Ziploc bags. This little one is about 8" tall.
The bigger one is about 10" tall. Both of them are natural linen with orange scrappy patchwork blocks.
I made little pull tabs for the zippers,
and I used the same fabric for the lining.
I also made an attempt at embroidery on the back.
I made some little drawings of my scissors and used this method to transfer them to the linen. I machine appliqued little pieces of fabric to (hopefully) make it look like the scissors were cutting something.
My embroidery could use a lot of work, but I was happy with the designs.