I'm a woman on a mission this week. Last week, one of my students asked me how many quilts I have going at any given time and I was embarrassed to admit that I'd lost count of my WIP quilts. So, this week I'm trying to get as many as possible completed!
This quilt is approximately 62" x 72". I should have known this since, you know, I wrote the pattern, but I was still surprised by how big this finished quilt seemed!
When I was dividing up the fabrics for the blocks, I accidentally used one of the prints in two different sets of blocks, meaning the total number of prints before binding was actually 199. I added an extra print to the binding though, bringing the total to an even 200.
I made my scrappy binding from 28 different prints, each cut to 2.5" x 10.5". I sewed them end-to-end and made double-fold binding.
I love the back of this quilt! I had debated putting words on it (like the original one) but I'm glad I didn't. I love all the negative space.
As a reminder, all of the print fabrics that I used in this quilt are tagged on my Flickr Photos.
The 40 solids I used were: Black, Coal, Ash, Brown, Bright Pink, Berry, Copen, Mulberry, Jade Green, Caribbean, Lagoon, Pacific, Azure, Peacock, Pistachio, Candy Green, Lime, Grass Green, Clover, Kiwi, Chartreuse, Peridot, Olive, Cactus, Canary, Buttercup, Corn Yellow, Ochre, Tangerine, Orange, School Bus, Mango, Red, Rich Red, Coral, Tomato, Pomegranate, Candy Pink, Cerise, and Melon.